Hvíta is a beautiful and fun-filled river an hours drive outside Reykjavík. For over 20 years this trip has been the most popular adventure activity in Iceland.
Hvítá (pronounced Kveetau) is a perfect combination of calm river valleys and gorges and adrenalin pumping white rapids. The rafting stretch is 7 km long, and participants will get an opportunity to do a jump from a cliff on the way.
We raft for 7 km along the river, and there is a change to do a cliff jump for those who dare half way. We end the trip with a nice hot sauna and hot tub, before we return to Reykjavik.
Nobody should leave Iceland without experiencing the power of the Icelandic river, or without having seen the dramatic riverbed Brúarhlöð on the Hvítá. Lastly, swimming in the glacier rivers of Iceland is also un-missable!
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- 7 km rafting on river Hvítá
- Barbeque dinner after the rafting
- Lunch is not included
- Period : 15 May - 15 September, selected weekdays
- Length : 8 hours
- Minimum age : 11 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everyone with good health
- Product code : G07
- Bring warm clothing, a sweater that can get wet when rafting, swim wear and a towel.