Booking and Payment
Iceland has opened up its borders. All travelers who have been vaccinated or those who have had Covid-19 and have antibodies can now travel to Iceland.
For our latest information please visit our page Travelling to Iceland.
You can either book your trip yourself via this website or you can get in touch with one of our travel consultants. Our prices and booking fees (£6,5 per booking) are the same no matter whether you book online or through one of our travel consultants.
Most of our trips can be booked don line through our website. You immediately get a price and availability on these trips.
- A price and availability search for a package always shows best possible price for the package or product at the time.
- The booking can be paid by invoice and bank transfer or by credit/debit card.
- After the booking has been made we send a confirmation email to you.
- If mistakes occur within the booking, you can always make changes or cancel by contacting, us within the next working day.
Our consultants have Iceland as a speciality. They are brilliant at putting together a suitable itinerary at a good price. They can also help you tailor make a special itinerary for a family or a group. You are always welcome to contact us!
When paying your trip by card, 30% of the total amount is payable upon booking (cancellation deposit). The remaining 70% of the total amount is payable a minimum of 30 days prior to departure. The final payment is facilitated by a direct link in the confirmation email you will receive from us. If a booking occurs less than 30 days before departure the total amount is due upon making the booking. The final payment is facilitated by a direct link in the confirmation email you will receive from us. Relevant terms and conditions for payment are stated on your flight information, on you booking confirmations and on your invoice.
Please note! That your booking only becomes active upon payment of your deposit. If this payment is not made in time, Vulkan Travel reserves the right to cancel your booking. Upon your final payment your vouchers and your plane tickets will be sent to you before departure. Our goal is for you to receive your travel itinerary and documents 10-14 days before departure. Travel documents including vouchers and plane tickets will be sent electronically to the email address you gave us upon booking. Print the travel documents you receive from us and use them during your trip. Please contact us if you prefer to receive your travel documents by post.
When paying by card you only have to state you name, card number, card type, the card expiry date and the CVC-code. The CVC-code is the 3 last digits found in the number on the back of your card.
When paying for your trip by invoice 30% of the total amount is payable no more than 24 hours after booking (cancellation deposit). The remaining 70% of the total amount is payable a minimum of 30 days prior to departure. If a booking occurs less than 30 days before departure, the full amount is payable upon making the booking. Payment is made to our bank account number 62778000.
Please note! that your booking only becomes active upon payment of your deposit. If this payment is not made in time, Vulkan Travel reserves the right to cancel your booking. Upon your final payment your vouchers and your plane tickets will be sent to you before departure. Our goal is for you to receive your travel itinerary and documents 10-14 days before departure. Travel documents including vouchers and plane tickets will be sent electronically to the email address you gave us upon booking. Print the travel documents you receive from us and use them during your trip. Please contact us if you prefer to receive your travel documents by post.
NB! In the case of package holidays that include flights with special payment terms (special prices from the airline) then the payment terms that apply will be different to those above. Applicable payment terms will always be displayed below your flight information in the basket page. Payment terms will also be set out in your booking confirmation and invoice.
Vulkan Travel Ltd
5 Upper Montagu Street
London, W1H 2AG, UK
Administrative address only | Not sales office
A booking becomes binding when the booking deposit is paid, or if you are paying by card, immediately upon making payment. Please be aware that the booking deposit should be paid immediately, at the latest one day after making the booking. If payment has not been made within that time, Iceland Travel reserves the right to cancel your booking. When booking by credit/debit car, your booking becomes binding the next working day.
Shortly after you book your trip you will receive a booking confirmation and an invoice via email. We ask that you please review all details and make sure they are consistent with your booking. If anything is incorrect or if there is a problem with your booking then please get in touch with us as soon as you can either via telephone or email so that we can help put everything right!
We also make routine checks on all web bookings (although the customer always bears ultimate responsible for their own booking) and if we come across anything that looks strange we get in touch with our customers to review the booking together.
After final payment has been made your travel documents will be sent to you. Our goal is that travellers should have their travel documents 14 days prior to departure.
Please, note. If you haven’t received your flight tickets or vouchers 7 days before departure, contact Vulkan Travel immediately. Your booking confirmation is not a valid travel document.
Airlines do not permit the changing of either first or sir names. The rules are very strict on this, and also apply to misspelt names. Some airlines permit a name change for a fee, which varies. Please check the spelling of names twice to make sure they are correct. The name on the ticket must correspond to the name in your passport, or you risk being refused boarding at check-in.
Changes in the booking that entail change of departure date is charged at a fee of £30 per change made, based on the presumption that the trip can still go ahead. By changes is meant changes to one and the same booking.
Travel insurance is not included in the price. We do not offer travel insurance; please contact an insurance company individually for this. Please bring your insurance certificates!
You can cancel in person with one of our travel consultants.
For our package tips to Iceland, free rebooking is valid until 30 days prior to departure. You can choose to rebook the package trip free of charge. These conditions apply until further notice and apply to all our package trips to Iceland.These conditions apply to new bookings from December 29, 2021, and onwards.
Cancellation terms – Package trips
Applicable cancellation terms will always be displayed in your booking confirmation and invoice.
- More than 30 days before departure: free rebooking or free cancellation*.
- 30-16 days before departure: free rebooking* or cancellation fee 50% of the trip price.
- 15-8 days before departure: cancellation fee 50% of the trip price.
- 7-0 days before departure: no refund.
*In cases where the package holiday includes SAS airline tickets there is also full cost for these.
Conditions for cancellation of package holiday if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) should advise against travels to Iceland:
We always rely on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office´s (FCO) travel recommendations and follow the Package Travel Act. As long as there is no advice against travels to Iceland, all package holidays are operating as planned and our flexible rebooking and cancellation conditions apply.
- In case of cancellation as a result of advice against travels to Iceland from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), free rebooking to another travel date applies. There is also a possibility to use the amount paid for a future holiday or receive a refund.
- We follow the Package Travel Act and rely on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office´s (FCO) travel recommendations, which we apply for bookings with less than 15 days prior to departure.
We advise all customers to check travel at GOV.UK before travel.
Cancellation terms – separate booking of rental car, hotel or excursion
Time of cancellations
Hotel/ Rental car/ Excursion
More than 15 days prior to departure
£10 per room/ car/ excursion
14 days-48h prior to departure
£ 20 per room/ car/ excursion
Less the 48 h prior to departure
£ 100% of the booking price
We collaborate with NETS so your data is encrypted in line with international standards (SSL). This so you can feel safe using your card online with Vulkan Travel. We do not save any card information. The amount payable is immediately deducted at time of payment. Valid cards are Visa and Mastercard/Eurocard.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode - the latest standards for card verification.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode is a 3D-secure product, the standard needed for secure identification of card customers paying online. Card companies that offer their customers this facility can use this method of identifying and verifying the card customer in a secure way. The card customer is linked to the card issuer and needs to state a username and a password.
Partnership with Visit Technology Group.
We work in partnership with Visit Technology Group to provide an online booking system for trip bookings.
CAN'T FIND THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS?
Please contact us by filling out the contact form below, or contact our knowledgeable sales team directly by phone.