Riding & Hiking in Reykjadalur
Get close to the Icelandic scenery and wilderness both on foot and on horseback.
This daylong tour offers spectacular views featuring the variety of the magnificent Icelandic nature. In Reykjadalur Valley we will experience hot springs and also take a relaxin
The tour starts with a 1,5 to 2 hour riding trip around charming countryside starting at Eldhestar Farm, After lunch a transfer will take you to the Hengill Volcano area for a walk in ”the valley of the hot springs”, Reykjadalur. Hot springs and bubbling pools are everywhere, and the valley is also knows for its amazing rock formations.
A dip in one of the many streams is a must, as they hold and average temperature of around 35 degrees Celsius.
On our way back to the farm, you can enjoy spectacular panoramas over the surroundings and also the waterfall Djúpagilsfoss. Later on we will have a fantastic view over the village Hveragerði and the Ölfus area, and also all the way down to the coastline, where we might see the Westman Islands. This is a unique opportunity to experience Icelandic nature in all its variety. The tour ends with some refreshments and a snack at Eldhestar Farm. Return back to Reykjavik for 5.15 PM.
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Guided riding tour
- Hiking to Reykjadalur
- Simple lunch (soup, bread etc.)
- Period : All year, daily
- Length : 9 hours (1,5-2 hours of riding)
- Requirements : No riding experience required, but a decent physique is recommended.
- Minimum age : 8 years
- Product code : C05
- Other : The Icelandic horses can carry a maximum weight of 120 kilo.
- Bring your swimsuit and towel. Warm and comfy clothes are also a recommendation. Helmet and waterproofs are supplied as well as winter overall, rubber boots, socks and gloves in winter.