This tour is for you who wants to get a closer look at the famous puffin birds.
We sail out from the old harbour in Reykjavik and it only takes us about 15 minutes to reach the puffin island, Akurey. On the journey out you will be able to view Reykjavik from the seaside [remember your camera] and the guide will also share information about the buildings & islands that can be spotted along the way.
The islands we visit are covered with small hills and slopes and both are well known for their colorful birdlife. The island’s shores are rocky but our boat Old Skuli is specially designed to take us as close to the islands as possible due to its shallow draft. When we arrive to the islands we turn off the engine so our passengers can observe the birds and the beautiful surroundings.
Our expert guide will tell you all the facts and fun stories about the cute puffins and other wildlife that might be seen on the tour.
- Guided boat tour
- 100% sightings
- Binoculars provided on board
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Period : 1st of May - 20th of August
- Requirements : No previous experience required
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody
- Product code : T04
- Other : The tour can be cancelled if the weather conditions are too rough. In case of cancellation you can choose to get a new ticket for another departure or a refund for the tour.
- We recommend warm clothes, good footwear, hats and gloves. Remember to bring a camera with good zoom!