Northern Lights by Boat
This tour takes you and your company on a northern lights hunt by boat.
We sail out from the Old Harbour in Reykjavik and in only 15-20 minutes we will be in a prime location away from the city lights, perfect for viewing the auroras! The guide will share with you facts on the science behind the magical phenomenon of the Northern Lights, and tell you about their stories & myths from different cultures around the world. The tour takes about 3 hours depending on how early/late the lights might appear.
Throughout the tour we show our very own original Northern Lights video, full of interesting facts and folklore! If you are cold you can grab a drink at the bar and cozy up inside watching the video or just simply enjoy the view of the city lights in the distance with your friends/family.
- Guided boat tour
- Warm floatable overalls for your comfort and safety
- Free ticket to try again in case there is no northern lights
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Period : 1 September - 15 April
- Length : 3 hours
- Requirements : No previous experience required
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody
- Product code : T03
- Other : It's important to know that there is guarantee for northern lights as this is a hunt for a natural phenomenon. We use the weather forecast to find out the cloud cover on the night & the strength of the lights. We will always sail out when there is a chance of visibility as we do not want our passengers missing out on a chance to see the auroras. We kindly ask you to be positive, embrace your patience and keep your fingers crossed! If no northern lights were seen you will be offered a free ticket to go again.
- We recommend warm clothes and good footwear. Don't forget hats and gloves.