Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon & boat trip
Combine spectacular views and natural phenomena with the opportunity for a short boat ride on this stunning glacial lagoon.
On the way from Reykjavik to Skaftafell you can find some of Iceland's most beautiful natural wonders, among these Skaftafell Mountain is one of the highlights. From here, you can stand and take in a view of Iceland's tallest mountain, the 2110 meter tall Hvannadalshnjúkur, surrounded by 3 glaciers.
The journey continues onto Jökulsárlon, a glacial lagoon created by the melting ice from the Breidmerkurjökull glacier. we will take a short boat trip on the lagoon, as we will spend around 2 hours in the area.
On the way back towards Skaftafell the landscape beneath the glaciers is largely black volcanic sand and gravel, a sight worth seeing and an interesting journey.
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Guided trip to the glacial lagoon Jökulsarlón
- Boat trip on Jökulsarlón
- Lunch is not included, but a lunch stop will be made.
- Length : 14 hours
- Requirements : No previous experience required.
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody
- Product code : A10
- Clothes according to weather and good shoes.