Black & Blue
We start off this adventure by exploring the black, as we head to the lave fields underneath Thingvellir national park. Exploring lava caves we discover wondrous formations created by volcanic activity in the past. This is a journey anyone can undertake, and the cave Gjábakkahellir is a perfect example of an Icelandic lava tunnel. It is situated in one of the world’s most active volcanoes. After the caving we enjoy lunch, before we continue to explore the blue!
Snorkelling in the Silfra is our blue adventure. The Silfra lava crack is one of Iceland’s best-kept secrets, an otherworldly beautiful scene, with water the colour of blue skies. The crystal clear water in this deep crack will give you a feeling of weightlessness as you slowly float in the current. Snorkelling in the Silfra is a relaxing and exotic journey that most people only encounter in their dreams!
Lava caving and Snorkelling in Thingvallavatn is a spectacular excursion, a journey to a land where dreams merge with reality.
In order to participate on this excursion, you need to read through the snorkeling handbook below. The handbook contains some useful tips and information, and also lists medical requirements that you need to meet in order to go on the excursion.
Read more here: Snorkeling handbook
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Lava cave tour
- Snorkeling tour with guide
- Entrance to Silfra
- Warm chocolate and coffee
- Lunch is not included, but a lunch stop will be made.
- Period : All year, daily
- Length : 9 hours
- Requirements : Be comfortable in water and be able to swim. Length at least 150cm and weight at least 45kg.
- Minimum age : 16 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody with relatively good physique.
- Product code : G03
- Other : Read the snorkeling handbook! We don't recommend this tour for people suffering from claustrophobia, are scared of the dark or very inflexible.
- Bring swim wear, towel, warm wool socks and a change of clothes. During the winter months it can get cold. For the caving tour we recommend windproof jacket and pants, hat and gloves.