Below the mountains
Discover the beautiful landscape opening up between the mountains and sea in southern Iceland.
We ride along the Gljúfurá river to the banks of the Ölusá river, with views of the famous volcanoes Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull, weather permitting. We stop for a lunch break before continuing our ride towards the mountains and along Mt. Reykjafjall, where both sheep and horses graze in the summer. Awaiting us back at our farm are coffee and home-baked cake.
During the winter season, we stop at our hotel for steaming bowls of traditional Icelandic meat soup before continuing our ride towards the mountains.
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Riding tour with guide
- Simple lunch
- Period : All year, daily
- Departure : 08:00 and 13:00
- Length : 9 hours (5-6 hours of riding)
- Price : 8-15 years: 50% of the price.
- Requirements : Moderately experienced rider.
- Minimum age : 8 years
- Product code : C01
- Other : The Icelandic horses can carry a maximum weight of 120 kilo.
- Helmet and waterproofs are supplied as well as winter overall, rubber boots, socks and gloves in winter.