ATV - Volcanic Springs
Would you like even more? Join us on our tour by quad bike that will get your adrenaline going! Utilise the power of your quad bike and experience the countryside becoming wilderness, climb mountains, cross rivers and relax in a natural hot spring.
In order to manage three hours on a quad bike, we recommend that you are relatively fit. Although the tour is suitable for beginners and starts with safety and riding instructions we recommend the tour for those who have some experience of riding a quad bike.
After the instructions, it is time for adventure. You ride past asphalt roads, on gravel roads, through rocky and muddy terrain, over rivers and old bridges into the beautiful wilderness outside Reykjavík. Just minutes from the city, you get a feeling of being in the middle of nowhere. The tour goes first to the Hengill mountain range and Hellisheiðarvirkjun, Reykjavík's geothermal power station, to continue to a long valley called Instidalur. Here you will find a secret hot spring in which you can relax. After bathing, you will ride to the top of Hengill which offers incredible views.
The Volcanic Springs tour is by far one of the most fun tours we offer. The terrain is rugged, muddy and strong - this is a tour for those looking for excitement!
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- ATV tour with guide
- The price is based on two people sharing a quad bike. You can pay extra to drive your own bike.
- Meals are not included
- Period : May 15 - Nov 30.
- Length : 5 hours (3 hours on ATV)
- Requirements : A valid driving license for all persons wishing to drive the quad bikes.
- Minimum age : 8 years
- Difficulty : You need relatively good physical condition and a little experience of driving quads.
- Product code : H05
- Other : Please note that when booking one or an uneven number of people, there is an additional cost for Solo Rider
- Bring warm clothes and good shoes.