U-drive - Landmannalaugar
Get ready for an exciting superjeep tour along the south coast and the magnificant highland area Landmannalaugar.
You will drive over hills and mountains, cross streams and shallow rivers. Bring your swimsuits and take a bath in the hot springs along the road.
Departure from Reykjavík. Drive on the main ring road and through the countryside until you reach the borders of the highlands. You enter the highland through Dómadalur track and spend the first part of the day on the stunning Fjallabak North track. Visiting places like Ljótipollur crater, Frostastaðavatn lake and Landmannalaugar highland paradise with its famous nature baths and stunning nature. Remember to pack your swimsuits as you can dip into a warm nature bath in Landmannalaugar.
You drive a different route back from Landmannalaugar, passing numerous reservoirs in the black volcanic surroundings. When you are back on the main road you get the chance to explore the beautiful valley of Þjórsárdalur on your way back to Reykjavík.
Driving distance during the day is approx. 400 km
Visited places: Reykjavík – Þjórsárdalur - Ljótipollur - Frostastaðavatn - Landmannalaugar - Þjórsárdalur - Reykjavík
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Booklet with a detailed itinerary
- Super CDW insurance
- Book an instructor
- Prepay for full diesel tank
- Period : June - October
- Departure : 08:00
- Requirements : Valid driver´s licence and minimum age 25 for driving/renting.
- Difficulty : Experienced driver is recommended.
- Product code : K03
- Other : ISAK 4x4 modified Land Rover Defender with 38-inch tyres, air compressor, VHF long range radio, snorkel and all the extras to venture deep into Icelandic highlands. Fits 7 people without luggage and instructor.
- Bring warm clothing, water proof jacket and trousers, hat gloves and good trekking boots. Don't forget swimsuits!