U-drive - Golden Circle
If you only have a couple of days in Iceland, this superjeep tour to the Golden Circle is a perfect choice.
Departure from Reykjavík. Today you get the chance to visit the main nature sights of Iceland. The most famous nature sites in the route called Golden Circle are Þingvellir National Park, Geysir hot spring and Gullfoss waterfall. You will also have the opportunity to visit Skálholt Church and Kerið volcanic crater. During this circle you will also travel along the snowy cowered highland track Kjölur. When driving the Golden Circle with some highland twist you have the chance of visiting Fontana Spa at Laugarvatn and try snowmobiling on Langjökull glacier. Remember to pack your swimsuits! The last stop of the day is at Hveragerði hot spring village in the south.
Driving distance during the day is approx. 300 km
Places visited: Reykjavík – Þingvellir – Laugarvatn - Geysir – Gullfoss – Kjölur highland track – Skálholt – Kerið – Hveragerði - Reykjavík
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Booklet with detailed itinerary
- Super CDW insurance
- Book an instructor.
- Prepaid full tank with diesel.
- Period : All year, daily
- Departure : 08:00
- Requirements : Valid driver's licence and minimum age 25 for driving/renting.
- Difficulty : Experienced driver is recommended.
- Product code : K02
- Other : ISAK 4x4 modified Land Rover Defender with 38-inch tyres, air compressor, VHF long range radio, snorkel and all the extras to venture deep into Icelandic highlands. Fits 7 people without luggage and instructor.
- Bring warm clothing, water proof jacket and trousers, hat, gloves and good trekking boots.