Hot Springs & Lava Caves
On this tour we take you to the famous Hengill Volcano and into the Icelandic underground!
The journey begins by exploring one of the many lava caves in the Bláfjöll mountain range, just east of Reykjavík. You will find out how lava caves are formed and discover the beauty both stalagmites and stalactites. After enjoying the hidden beauties of the underground, we head out to the Hengill geothermal area where an easy hike in magnificently ethereal surroundings brings us to hot springs and bubbling mud pools awaiting your exploration. The hike continues down through Reykjadalur, the Smokey Valley, where it is possible to enjoy a natural bath in a warm stream.
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Guided hiking tour
- Cave exploring
- Bath in hot springs
- Lunch is not included. Bring your own lunch.
- Period : 1 June - 30 September, selected weekdays
- Departure : 11:30
- Length : 7 hours (4 hours of hiking)
- Requirements : No previous experience required.
- Minimum age : 8 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody with good physique.
- Product code : J05
- Other : Boots and rain gear can be rented (1.000 ISK). Inform us if you want to rent.
- Dress in warm clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Please bring lunch, swimsuit and towel.