Hiking and hot springs in Landmannalaugar
This tour is for travellers who would like to discover the gem of the Icelandic Highlands – Landmannalaugar. The area is one of the most photographed spots in Iceland due to its unique landscape.
You and your travel companions will be collected from your hotel in Reykjavík for a guided tour across the countryside of southern Iceland and through Þjórsárdalur Valley, where you will start the day by exploring Hjálparfoss Waterfall – which is actually two waterfalls that meet at a single mouth. The tour then continues past rivers and lakes right up into the highlands where you will stop to admire the Hnausapollurs crater lake, which looks like a mirror in the mountains. After this stop, the guide will continue with a two-hour hike (for those interested) through the multi-coloured mountains of the area before having the opportunity to enjoy a dip in the natural hot springs.
On the way back to Reykjavík, the tour will take a western route that goes past Hekla Volcano. You will also pass the Hellisheiði lava plateau before finally being dropped off at your hotel.
- Transfer to and from your hotel
- Professional guide
- Period : June - October; mon, wed, sat.
- Requirements : No previous experience required
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody with relatively good physique
- Product code : I04
- It is important to dress appropriately for the Icelandic weather as it is changeable and tough. Bring good, sturdy shoes for the hike as well as a swimsuit and towel – and remember your camera!