Golden Circle & Rafting
Rafting on the River Hvita as well as a classic sightseeing tour of Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir.
Our day starts off Thingvellir, the famous national park and a UNESCO world heritage site. Thingvellir housed the first ever parliament (Tingvalla) and is also the meeting point for the European and American continental plates.
We continue from here to take in the geothermic spring Geysir in the area of Haukadalur. Hot water gushes from the bubbling ground in magical fountains with enormous force. An unforgettable experience. The mightiest waterfall on Iceland, Gullfoss, is our next stop. Gullfoss is a beautiful site, as water gushes over several lava ledges with spectacular force.
We head to rafting adventure in the Hvíta River. Hvita is a beautiful river an hours drive from Reykjavík. For over 20 years rafting on this river has been one the most popular active excursions in Iceland. The river Hvíta has a perfect blend and calm river valleys and gorges, to adrenalin pumping rapids and waterfalls. The rafting stretch is 7 km and participants have an opportunity for a cliff jump on the way. At the end a well-deserved hot sauna and hot tub awaits before the transfer back to Reykjavík.
- Pickup in Reykjavik.
- Trip to the golden circle.
- River rafting
- Barbeque dinner after the rafting.
- Lunch is not included, but a lunch stop will be made.
- Period : 15 May - 15 September
- Length : 10 hours
- Minimum age : 11 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody with good physique
- Product code : G06
- Bring warm and robust clothing, a warm sweater (wool/fleece) that can get wet during rafting, swimwear, a towel and a change of clothes.