The Golden Circle - 15%
The trip around "The Golden Circle" is an Icelandic classic where you get to experience some of the country’s most famous attractions all in one day. Explore the natural phenomenon like the hot springs at Geysir, and the mighty waterfall Gullfoss.
Our first stop is Gullfoss, "the golden waterfall", which is by many judged as the most beautiful in Iceland. The waterfall has two stages, and it's possible to get close up to the mighty water cascading over the ledges into the ravine below.
The geothermic springs of Geysir are very near Gullfoss. This area boasts Iceland’s most active geysir, Strokkur. Strokkur regularly bursts its majestic column of hot water into the sky every five minutes, so you will have several opportunities to experience this majestic sight. Stroll amongst bubbling mud puddles and steaming hot springs – and really feel the power of the Earth under your feet.
The UNESCO world heritage site of Thingvellir national park is our next stop. The world’s oldest parliament, Alltinget, was assembled here as early as around year 900, and this is also where the European and American continental plates meet. At Thingvellir the escarpment that is caused by the two plates slowly parting can be seen very clearly.
We also visit the idyllic Friðheimar Cultivation Centre, where you get an insight into the magic that goes into growing delicious tomatoes and cucumbers. Crops are grown without pesticides and by utilising natural geothermal heat, of which Iceland has endless supply! Arrival back in Reykjavík at around 5 pm.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Reykjavík.
- Guiding in English (also Scandinavian on Fridays).
- Lunch is not included but there will be a stop for lunch.
- Period : All year, daily.
- Departure : 08:30.
- Requirements : No previous experience is required.
- Difficulty : The excursion is suitable for everyone.
- Product code : A01.
- We recommend you to bring warm clothes, good footwear, hats and gloves. The weather can change quickly during the day, so keep that in mind.