Glacier Walk & Northern Lights
On this day tour we combine two winter highlights, a Glacier Walk and a search for the spectacular Aurora Borealis for an amazing Day out in nature.
We start by heading to the Sólheimajökull glacier tongue where we enjoy a safe and easy Glacier Walk up on to the ice field. As we explore all the features of the glacier such as water cauldrons, crevasses, ridges and waterways we learn more about the Icelandic Glaciers. From the glacier we head to the powerful Skógafoss waterfall before we enjoy a traditional Icelandic dinner at a local restaurant. As we head out into the night looking out for those magical Northern Lights we pay a mandatory stop at the lit up Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Guided glacier walk tour
- Traditional dinner and dessert
- Glacier gear and safety equipment
- Boots are available for rent. Contact us when you book this.
- Drinks and desserts are not included
- Period : 15th of September - 15th of April, selected weekdays
- Departure : 11:30
- Minimum age : 10 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody with relatively good physique.
- Product code : J02
- Other : Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Boots are available for rent, rain coats may be borrowed upon request, and lunch may be purchased on the way. We recommend warm clothes and good trekking boots.