ATV & Caving
Drive quad bikes on the Hafravatn area and explore lava caves in Leidarendi.
Your action packed adventure starts only 15 minutes transfer from Reykjavík at Hafravatn. Following a safety briefing and demonstration of the vehicles, you are ready for a drive towards the top of a mountain at Lake Hafravatn. The quad bikes are an ideal and exciting way of getting to places otherwise inaccessible, leaving you with memories for life and an unforgettable experience.
Return to Reykjavik and time for lunch (not included), after some time you will be picked-up again and then we go for the stop at the lava caves at Leidarendi, near the Blue Mountain, and venture down deep beneath the surface of the Tvibollahraun lava field. To explore these lava caves and realise what the volcanic outbreaks 2000 years ago caused is breath taking. The caves at Leidarendi are perfect examples of Icelandic lava tunnels, and are also situated in one of Europe’s most active volcanic areas. We climb, we crawl, and we explore the underworld!
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Cave exploring
- Guiding in English
- The price is based on two people sharing a quad bike. You can pay extra to drive your own bike.
- Lunch is not included, but a lunch stop will be made.
- Requirements : Valid driving licence if you want to drive the quad bikes.
- Minimum age : 10 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everybody with decent physique.
- Product code : G01
- Other : Certain parts of the lave caves are narrow and dark. You will even need to crawl at some points get near the caves and the tunnels can be slippery. Comfortable clothing and suitable shoes/boots are strongly recommended. This trip is not suitable for people suffering from claustrophobia or people scared of the dark or very inflexible people.
- Bring warm and robust clothing, waterproof jacket and trousers, hat, gloves and good trekking boots.