Hotel | CenterHotel Skjaldbreið is an older hotel located in Reykjavik’s old town district. The hotel offers an understated but comfortable stay right in the city center, just off the main street Laugavegur, in close proximity to the city life and to many of Reykjavik’s attractions.
An understated, older hotel in a central location
CenterHotel Skjaldbreið is the perfect hotel for guests looking for a central location. It is housed in an older building and retains many of the original details, such as an attractive marble staircase. The rooms are consistent with the unique architecture, and the corner rooms have curved walls and windows. The breakfast hall is located at the top of the building, under a glass ceiling. The rooftop views in every direction provide a pleasing reminder of the hotel’s central location.
In fact, the city center lies literally outside the front door. Step outside to find yourself on Laugavegur, the city’s largest shopping street. The street is home to countless sights, shops, galleries and places to enjoy both local and international cuisine and drinks.
Useful information about the hotel
• Distance to center: 0 km.
• Free wi-fi throughout the hotel.
• 24 hour reception.
• The staff speak several languages.
• There is a lift, but the hotel is not wheelchair accessible.
• Wake-up calls available to order.
• Safe boxes in the reception.
• Free tea and coffee in the atrium on the third floor.
• The hotel offers a Northern lights wakeup service.
Simple rooms with warm colours
The rooms are clean and simple with warm colours. Some of the rooms face the main street, Laugavegur, while others face the neighbouring buildings. The windows are especially sound-isolating, but in some cases the city life and nightlife can be heard.
Each room is equipped with:
• Free wi-fi.
• Private bathroom with shower.
• Coffee / tea making facilities.
• Cable TV.