Hotel | Fosshótel Rauðará is a mid-range hotel with personal and attentive service, situated in a quite area on the eastern edge of Reykjavik centre.
Older mid-range hotel just outside the centre
Fosshótel Rauðará is a mid-range hotel on the eastern edge of the city, just a short distance away from the more expensive parts of town. The immediate surroundings might not be much to fuss over, but the older parts of Reykjavik are little more than a short walk away.
The hotel is not one of Reykjavik’s most central options, but it is still relatively close to attractions such as Perlan, Hallgrimskirkja Church, the National Museum and the City Hall.
Useful information about the hotel
• Distance from the centre: 0 km
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
• Reception is open 24/7.
• Multilingual staff.
• Wake-up calls can be arranged.
• Safe in the rooms.
• Several rooms are wheelchair accessible and one room is specifically adapted for wheelchair users.
• There are a limited number of guest parking spaces.
Choose between then and now
The rooms have parquet floors and are decorated in an 80s style with warm colours. Some of the new, so-called "character rooms" are much more modern in their design. In these rooms a grey colour scale dominates, a subtle nod to the building’s past life as a brewery.
All rooms have
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Private bathroom with shower or bath.
• Coffee and tea-making facilities.
• Satellite TV.