Diving in Silfra
Located in the heart of the World Heritage site Thingvellir, the Silfra lava crack is one of Iceland’s best-kept secrets. This excursion consists of 2 dives into the magical underwater world at Silfra, one of the best diving spots in the world! The otherworldly scene of the Silfra spans the crack where the European and the American continental plates meet. The crystal clear water in the deep crack gives you a feeling of weightlessness as you float in the gently current. Visibility in the clear water is astounding, and the depth of the crack varies between 20-40 meters.
Price 2017 | jun - dec £ 350
Included: 2 guided dives with instructor. Diving equipment. Guiding in English. Pick-up from hotel in Reykjavík. Hot choclate and cookies in the dive break. Entrance fee into Silfra.
Duration: 6-8 hours/2 dives.
Period: All year, daily.
Difficulty rating: 4 out of 5.
Age limit: Min. 18 years and Max. 65 years.
- Be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent (bring certification).
- Document that confirmes two logged open water dry suit dives within the last two years
- Medical statement - to be read and signed by each participant.
- Be at least 150cm tall and max 200cm.
- Weight at least 45kg and max 120kg.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
Important! After diving you must wait at least 24 hours before you can fly.
- DIVE.IS takes your safety seriously and follows the Standards and Procedures of PADI and the Recreational Scuba Training Council. This includes measures to identify responsibility and liability as well as professional insurance covering all aspects of DIVE.IS. In some cases this does not cover the client for certain responsibilities and liabilities.
- DIVE.IS strongly recommends that all clients purchase their own travel and diving insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances arising from vacation activities.
- Subject to our Booking Conditions DIVE.IS is not responsible for any injuries or losses sustained whilst clients are on tours booked with DIVE.IS, whether conducted by DIVE.IS or a third party.
- The client assumes responsibility for their own property, proof of experience and actions while on tour.
Book our excursions and activities by clicking “SEARCH EXCURSIONS”